Thread: Michael Jackson Pachislo speaker wires

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Michael Jackson Pachislo speaker wires

Hi everyone!

Newbie here and just bought my first pachislo machine. It works perfect but like many other threads have stated, the sound is deafening. I would very much like to install those volume control things that need to be attached to each of the speakers but i'm having trouble locating the correct wires. I've searched all over the internet but couldn't find anything on this particular machine so i'm hoping you guys could help me out.

I've included some pictures.

image0.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpg

- I've tried the yellow button but that doesn't have any effect on the audio.
    - I've unplugged both bottom speakers but that also does not effect any audio including the alarm when opening the machine.

I'm not an expert on wiring, audio or anything electrical so i'm really hesitant to unplug any other cables and turning the machine on because i don't want to break it. Do you guys have any idea?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Michael Jackson Pachislo speaker wires

is it not the wires in the top of pic 3. The white and red (?) ones
    Ian #UKPachinko

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

Here's a video that shows two ways to adjust the volume on the MJ pachislo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zURxEOaNBI0

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think so because those wires are part of alot more black wires wich are plugged in on both motherboards going from the top motherboard to the bottom motherboard.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    WELCOME!!!

Here's a video that shows two ways to adjust the volume on the MJ pachislo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zURxEOaNBI0
    I've tried this but it this doesn't seem to effect the volume in any way. The button shows letters and the numbers 1-9. Could you be more specific wich setting is supposed to be the lowest? Or is it intended to funtion as a dial where you have to keep spinnging it anti-clockwise?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    is it not the wires in the top of pic 3. The white and red (?) ones
    image7.jpeg

I think i may have found the culprit. I've tried unhooking a couple of plugs on at a time to see what it does and only on this one the sound completely dissapeared (a moment in heaven i might add). The rest of the machine seemed to be working properly. I do now have a new problem. The picture doesn't show it that well but the plug consists of 3 red, 3 white and 16 black wires attached. I was under the impression this machine only has 2 speakers in front since the other two ''metal'' ones all the way near the coin dispenser are attached somewhere else (as seen in picture 6). Any ideas on the purpuse of all these wires?

Also, this plug i've removed does not go behind somehething. It actually connects to a motherboard at the top... will any volume control still work, or do they need to be installed on the wire directly connected to a speaker?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon86 View Post
    I've tried this but it this doesn't seem to effect the volume in any way. The button shows letters and the numbers 1-9. Could you be more specific wich setting is supposed to be the lowest? Or is it intended to funtion as a dial where you have to keep spinnging it anti-clockwise?
    I don't really have a clue.. But with pachis I've used, the volume switch (or knob like on this one) usually just make it different kinds of too loud, but the on screen volume controlled by buttons on the front make it quiet.. Is the on screen one not doing anything??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits

Could you please try this
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Plug in All Speakers

Turn machine on

Wait until the machine is Fully on (all the start sound done)

Have you tried the Black Four Way Pad in front of the machine up ,down ,Left and Right to reduce the Volume of the machine ?
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Plug in All Speakers

Turn machine on

Wait until the machine is Fully on (all the start sound done)

Have you tried the Black Four Way Pad in front of the machine up ,down ,Left and Right to reduce the Volume of the machine ?
    yup,

Although the d-pad does work and i can set it from level 6 all the way down to 1. Level 1 is still the japanese equivelent of level 12 in europe Wich is why i'm wondering why the yellow knob does absolutely nothing. I've tried slmost every possible combination, trust me.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Ramon86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the Yellow Knob have "Click" points or just smooth from right to left ?

If it is smooth it is a Potentiometer : Variable resistor .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Does the Yellow Knob have "Click" points or just smooth from right to left ?

If it is smooth it is a Potentiometer : Variable resistor .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer
    image8.jpgUnfortunately it's not a smooth dial but rather a click one with the values 0-5 and F-A. My japanese translator app says that the text above refers to ''normal volume'' for 0-5 and ''Power saving volume'' for F-A. Like i said i've tried every possible combination and it really does not effect the sound levels in any way. I would really like to add one of those dials from your link to the wires of the speakers. My problem however, as posted above'' is that the speakers are buried deep within the machine and the only cables i have found are connected from the top circuitboard to the bottom circuitboard. As i've read on other threads these things need to be attached to the wire coming directly from the speakers themselves. Have not been able to find them...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon86 View Post
    image8.jpgUnfortunately it's not a smooth dial but rather a click one with the values 0-5 and F-A. My japanese translator app says that the text above refers to ''normal volume'' for 0-5 and ''Power saving volume'' for F-A. Like i said i've tried every possible combination and it really does not effect the sound levels in any way. I would really like to add one of those dials from your link to the wires of the speakers. My problem however, as posted above'' is that the speakers are buried deep within the machine and the only cables i have found are connected from the top circuitboard to the bottom circuitboard. As i've read on other threads these things need to be attached to the wire coming directly from the speakers themselves. Have not been able to find them...
    Take the back cover off the speaker.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    Take the back cover off the speaker.
    If only it were that simple They are buried deep inside the door. Even finding them would require me to dissassemble almost the entire bottom half of the door and i'm not sure i'm qualified to do that i'm afraid.

Could someone verify if those sound reducing things only work when connected on the wire coming directly from a speaker? Or can it also be attached to speaker wires going from circuitboard to circuitboard?