Thread: Reverting an Auto-play Controller

Tokie Owens Korra II Baskerville's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Reverting an Auto-play Controller

I have a cyclical machine that also has an "Auto-play Controller" hooked up. I'd like to unhook the controller, just to actually "play" the machine from time to time. But I'm worried about accidentally breaking something that cost me 2,600$, and was very difficult to find. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was buying, and I'm all for it. It's a 1/399 odds machine, and I'm pretty sure my arm would fall off before I ever hit a jackpot. I'd simply like to unhook it *safely* from time to time, to use balls for the novelty of it and semi-authentic experience. Initially, I thought I could play the 1/399 machine cyclically, and hook up the controller to the 1/99 odds machine and get it to play itself for quicker documentation.

My 1/99 odds machine is unmodified, and I have every intention to keep it that way as well. Though a volume adjustment mod would be nice. My original intentions in purchasing the first one was to document it for my wiki, but now I'm just doing it as a collector.

The "peach" and black wire is connected to the controller. I don't know if it would be dangerous (as in causing a short circuit of some kind) to leave that plugged in while swapping out the other 4 plugs with the ball shooter plugs. After looking at the wires, however, I'm not sure how to disconnect the peach/black colored wire safely, as well as re-inserting it when I want to relax and let the machine play itself.

KIMG5767.jpg

This is off to the left... What's all this about? Is this to disable the jackpots when making the machine cyclical? Or is this tied to the controller? Could it be something else, does anybody here know?
    KIMG5768.jpg

Here's a different view of the area.
    KIMG5776.jpg

Edit: If anybody is interested, I can post additional pictures of this machine's modifications, and the controller. I'm planning to write a "machine overview" article on my wiki to cumpare the modified machine against the unmodified machine anyway.

Edit 2: I allllso have documentation for the controller. Unfortunately for me, and as expected, it's in Japanese; which I can't read. So there's not much I can do there. I can upload scans if anybody wants those as well.
    Last edited by Korra II Baskerville; 08-22-2024 at 11:47 PM.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Korra II Baskerville

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reverting an Auto-play Controller

What machine/maker/frame?

That looks a bit messy. Getting the game to accept start spins looks easy enough as it's just swapping out the 3 plugs in the 3rd picture.

The rest would be checking removing the modified looms and returning them to normal.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoops, sorry about that.

CR不思議のダンジョン 風来のシレン すずね姫とまどろみの塔 FPF
    CR Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer: Princess Suzune and the Tower of Slumber FPF

シャイニングウォール枠
    Shining Wall

Manufactured by FujiSoji

Here's my work-in-progress wiki for the game. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of documentation, as I find the 1/99 odds machine borderline unplayable. Due to the ball hopper size capacity, lack of a ball lifter, and my lack of a camera. I was ecstatic to find this modded machine, but I would still like to be able to play it occasionally, instead of only watching it play itself.
    https://mysterydungeonwiki.com/wiki/...wer_of_Slumber

I don't know what "looms" are. It also has a volume adjustment knob mod, is cyclical, has the controller, and a dongle that bypasses the card reader, but doesn't emulate the parlor.

I was told cyclical machines can't do jackpots, and the volume control mod is installed into the ball hopper anyway. So I don't know what that mod in the middle picture is for. And in the first picture, you can see lone wire from the controller that's inserted into a fifth plug. That's what worries me. I'd like to be able to temporarily unhook the controller from time to time and "play" the cyclical machines, and possibly hook up the controller to my 1/99 odds machine without permanently notifying it. As I'd like to keep that one factory original.

KIMG5772.jpg
    KIMG5773.jpg
    KIMG5767~2.jpg
    There's a fourth plug off to the right you can't see. But the black/peach colored one is the one I'm worried about removing/inserting without damaging it, or it short circuiting something if I leave it plugged in

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Korra II Baskerville

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In hindsight, I should have looked at the instructions. They're in Japanese, but the pictures do a good enough job of explaining how to undo it. I personally don't trust my "skills" with electronics, despite it seeming rather simple to do/undo. Here are some more pictures, for anyone interested in this topic.

Edit: I apologize for the pictures being sideways. They didn't look that way on my phone.

You can see the gray wire from the machine that was removed, and plugged into a plug from the controller, while a separate wire was plugged into the machine in its place. I'd have to undo those, along with the 4 plugs to revert it, or add a controller to my original machine. While I might be able to do that, I feel the more I do it, the more likely I am to damage something, and I'd rather not risk it.
    KIMG5829.jpg
    KIMG5830.jpg
    KIMG5832.jpg
    Last edited by Korra II Baskerville; 08-24-2024 at 12:18 AM.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Korra II Baskerville

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Korra II Baskerville View Post

Edit: I apologize for the pictures being sideways. They didn't look that way on my phone.
    Sideways pictures are a feature provided by the site free of charge!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I keep thinking about this, and have had an idea for a while. I'd love to get some feedback, I guess, as I know absolutely nothing about electronics wiring, voltages, etc. I want to be able to connect easily

What I'd like to do is put the original wire back into its plug, but cut it and put a plug on either end of the cut and do the same with the controller wire. That way I could theoretically revert this machine to playing with its ball shooter quickly and easily, without risking damage to the plug or the controller. I don't want to go about pushing the plug out with a needle, or using tweesers to pull the machine wire out of the controller plug over and over, and I fear it might damage something with time.

Wiring example.png

I found exactly what I need on this website. I've never heard of this website, so I don't know how reliable their products are. But I'm really more concerned over whether or not this would even be the right wire thickness/gauge, or be able to handle the volts? that the wire would need. Could anybody please give me some feedback here? Or point me in the right direction if you know more about these sorts of plugs and wiring.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804249611989.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

AliExpress is kind of like a Chinese version of Amazon.
    These type of connectors would be fine for the voltages used on a Pachinko/Pachislo. I tried to find something similar on Amazon, but they are pushing assortments or large quantities like bags of 100... very hard to find a set of 2.
    Home Depot would have the small quantity, although it might be close to the same price as 100 on Amazon, but when you don't need 100....
    Last edited by SibSr; 09-19-2024 at 12:27 PM.