Thread: Cabinet Build

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cabinet Build

Thought I'd share the cabinet I knocked together over a couple of weekends, took some inspiration from other cabinets on the forum, although the workmanship I've seen on here far exceeds my own! I didn't go into it with much of a plan, just roughly measured a base for it to sit on first, with a gap on each side to accommodate the side pieces, which the machine is secured to via 4 small L brackets, screwed into the plywood of the base of the machine. The side pieces are secured to the base with 2 L brackets each. As for the top, under the slanted white sheet of PVC is a piece of ply that is mated to the sides and front panel with L brackets, and screwed into the top of the machine. Two pieces of angled ply are glued to the back and the aforementioned top piece, which feed the balls into... the lid of an iPhone 11 box with a hole cut in it . It's been working well so far ball-feed wise, and believe it or not, there's around 1700 balls in there. The back panel doesn't go down too far, as in order to remove the top of the machine you need to reach back there to push a catch, this is why I had to opt for the iPhone box to elevate the whole tray, lol.

As for collecting balls, I went against the more common solution of having a tray under the machine as I wanted to keep the height down. Instead, I used a PVC pipe to shoot them out the side, which has a half cut to catch the balls, and a rubber guide around it to stop them from bouncing out. For anyone who wants to go down the same route, happy to get a pic of it. Won't be keeping it much longer though as I'm awaiting a lifter I've ordered from Japan
    Untitled1234554321.jpg
    Untitled12345543216545.jpg
    Untitled1234554321654543.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Burridge

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cabinet Build

Bravo Brava

I hope that you have some Bolts anchoring that Huge machine to the counter !!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cabinet Build

Nice!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss