Thread: Hello From Virginia and I have a question about the Yamasa New Pulsar Type R

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello From Virginia and I have a question about the Yamasa New Pulsar Type R

Hello To All,

My name is Jimmy, I am from Norfolk, Virginia, originally from Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan. I am working on a Yamasa New Pulsar Type R machine that was released in the late 90s-early 2000s. It was a machine that my father in law has owned since 2008 or so and I was working on it as I am pretty good at restoring machines like this and had a weird problem that happened that I need advice on. I have both keys to open the front of the machine and also to turn on the odds section of the power supply. Earlier tonight I had the machine fully running and then I went to try to change the odds and after that, the front panel never went back on, the digital numbers also never went back on. The power supply is still operational and also the video board but no matter what settings I do on the power supply turning it on has resulted in the digital numbers on the front and also the section where I can see what odd section it is (1-6) to not turn on. Does anyone know what settings all of them should use. I thought I knew what it is, and even consulted the Stealth Home Amusement manual but it will not turn on. I am not sure if I blew a cable, or if it is something really simple. For anyone that wants to know my board is set up like this, it is 4 rows - Row 1 has Volume Controller and Black Slide Switch for Auto-Reset, Row 2 has Hopper Reverse Button and Reset Button, Row 3 has Setting Key Hole and Odds Changing Button and Row 4 has Power Switch Lever and Fuse Holder. It looks like the fuse is still running if the power supply is running (but maybe that is the problem), the unit was running perfectly until I went to try to change the odd feature from #6 to #1. Any help would be amazing as I am perplexed in what could have happened. Once I get all that fixed, I am going to replace all the lights and make this baby as new as it was a quarter century ago. Also before anyone asks the Hopper does reverse when the button is pressed and runs just fine.

Many Thanks!

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JimmyLynnSanchez

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello From Virginia and I have a question about the Yamasa New Pulsar Type R

WELCOME!!!

I've moved your post to the Pachislo Technical Support Section where hopefully more people will see it!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello From Virginia and I have a question about the Yamasa New Pulsar Type R

Thank you very much!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to JimmyLynnSanchez

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_20240611_202842914.jpgIMG_20240611_191955220.jpgIMG_20240611_191917812.jpgIMG_20240611_191854867.jpgIMG_20240611_191842267.jpg

Alright, so nearly a week later and an entire breakdown of the items, I can't seem to nail the culprit. The issue being that when powered on the service digit on the inside door panel does not turn on and nothing on the front will either. Most everything else seems to be working as the power supply powers on, I checked both fuses (10A and 1A) and they are both operational, all cables seem to be attached and working. The logic board looks to be operational and I wish I had a service manual since that 6x3 service readout is confusing to me. I do know that G,H, and I are about the seperate slot wheels, those do turn off when turned around. I wish I knew what most of the other letters meant (I will show it the last time I operated it maybe there is something I missed). The hopper is working totally fine, the bottom definitely needs cleaning as it was sitting around a long time. I am not sure if you can get a false read with a power supply but anything is possible. I even went and took that out and opened it and didnt notice anything immediately wrong, but I think something might be up with the block it seems to be bulging compared to other photos I seen but the PS does operate. I had it operating perfectly until I went to set the odds from 6 to 1 and then thats when it stopped working. I have reseated virtually every possible cable, latch, and wire. If anyone happens to know where to get an actual manual specific to this model and not the generic overall one, that would be of some help. I am considering ordering a new power supply to replace it and see what happens. Once I get that working, I am going to replace all the lights on it as the vast majority have burned out. One other thing to note is when I turn it on it makes this very short humming sound, not loud but distinct when it tries to power up everything, could that be something of note? Anyways, any help would be amazing at this time as I have worked on this for about 7 hours so far and all I can count for it is cuts, scrapes and bruises.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JimmyLynnSanchez

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello my friend!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

By pressing the buttons and keys. You should be able to work out which LED is what. Then look for one that does nothing. There aren't that many to check.
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Ian, I got most of them figured out, but it doesnt seem to fix my overall problem at all.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some switching PSU can be a bit hummy sometimes.
    The reason for checking all buttons, is that if one is stuck on it can cause a machine not to function at all.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would you happen to know what the LED readouts mean other than G, H, and I as those I know for sure are the 3 wheels. This might help me diagnose a problem much sooner. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting thread!