Thread: I Have The Fever In More Ways Than One

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I Have The Fever In More Ways Than One

Hey folks,

I've done it again. I just bought another 2,000 balls on E-Bay tonight, and then, just for good measure, I bought another Fever type machine on E-bay to go along with my Fever 7 Flash. After all, since I now have 6,000 balls, I really do need another machine to feed them.

Based on the pictures in the E-Bay ad (Item # 6161992918), the machine I just bought has the following features: seems to be made by Daido, has "Astra" on the shooter knob and two other places near the bottom, "DH 12" is shown on the upper ball reservoir, the playing field is primarily red & yellow & blue in color, the bottom of the machine at the ball resevoirs is pink and yellow and the shooter knob is pink with yellow spikes, it has three reels on which I can only make out 7s, at the top of the playing field there is a gold coin with the word "fever" on it, and at the upper right corner ust outside the playing field is "7&15" which I assume is the payout.

The machine look real pretty in the pictures. The seller is a brian_brumfield who seems to have all favorable comments from his buyers. The price was $110 plus $40 shipping, and I noticed he sold several more of these same machines and a few other types recently. I asked him if it was working properly, and he indicated the following: "As near as I can tell, yes all the features work properly. After installing the transformer to convert the voltage to 110AC, I test each machine to see that is boots correctly, fires the balls correctly and that by registering a ball in each of the payout slots it pays out correctly. That also gives me a chance to see that the lights and sounds work. However, since one of the features is the three reel slot machine in the middle, I can assure you that the reels spin appropriatly, but obviously cant do enough spins to get a match on the reels on every machine. But since the machine has a pretty good boot sequence, I presume it would give an error code if something were not right."

OK, does anyone have any idea what machine this is, whether it is a good machine, and whether I made a reasonable purchase? My wife doesn't know I've bought this machine yet, and, if it turns out to be a lemon, I'm going to have to take the heat for quite a while. Come to think of it, even if it is a real jewell, I'm still going to take the heat for buying another machine. Oh well, after more than 40 years, she probably won't throw me out for this. I hope!

Any thoughts and comments would be welcomed.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

David I have been watching this seller for awhile since he is close to being almost local ( maybe 30 minutes away from me via freeways). He is running at 100 percent feedback so far and I will be very interested to see how you do on this. I will do some checking to see if I can find any info on it but I am real slow compared to some of the speedsters around here as far as getting model info etc.

Please let us know how this turns out for you !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't see any pachinkos from brian_brumfield just now.
    I'll have to try searching him again later.
    Pachislo: Bounty Killer, Shadow Hearts 2 Biohazard reserved
    Wishlist: Battle Caesar, Crazy Sword, Dawn of Dreams, Basara 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is one he still has up James :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Azlew, I'm checking again.
    I had just seen lots of pinball stuff before
    Guess I didnt look close enough
    Pachislo: Bounty Killer, Shadow Hearts 2 Biohazard reserved
    Wishlist: Battle Caesar, Crazy Sword, Dawn of Dreams, Basara 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by David Wile
    Hey folks,

I've done it again. I just bought another 2,000 balls on E-Bay tonight, and then, just for good measure, I bought another Fever type machine on E-bay to go along with my Fever 7 Flash. After all, since I now have 6,000 balls, I really do need another machine to feed them.
    Dave, with 6000 balls you need another one yet. Don't stop now, just when you're getting warmed up! Congrats on the new purchase! :biggthump

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He must have a lot of this model. If you look at his past auctions, he's sold 9 of them at this point... and listing another. Wow.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks,

I have received a couple of E-Mails from the seller since I bought the macine, and I can relate the following:

1. He acknowledged receipt of my payment and indicated he has already packed the machine and dropped it off at his Fedex outlet. However, it will not actually leave his Fedex outlet until Monday. He said he will provide a tracking number when he gets one on Monday.

2. He indicated that he was not in the Pachinko business, but rather, his purchase of this lot of 150 machines was an opportunistic venture when he happened across a bankruptcy auction at the right time.

3. His plan is to continue selling the two types of machines over the next few months as he has been doing, but he also said he is keeping one of each kind for his own use as well as a few relatives who appreciate the games.

He seems to be the real deal, and I am anxiously awaiting this new machine. I did not care for the look and feel of the other machine he is selling, so I have no inention to bid on any of those. He is selling the machines for $110 plus $40 for shipping, and, if the new machine turns out to be in good condition, that seems like a pretty good deal as far as I can see.

I still have not been able to find any "name" for the machine as yet, and it would be nice to be able to identify it.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile