Thread: New to Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post New to Pachinko

I have a pachinko game up for sale at a local live auction. I know nothing about it. If someone has any information I would appreciate it. the name on it I found are: Victory, Monako and Okumura Yuki.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachinko

The vintage dudes will be able to give you more, but I can tell you this much for certain : Okumura and Monako/Monaco are the same company.

Okumura was the old style name for machines, which now usually appear under the Monaco brand name.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Can you provide a photo of the back, as well as a close-up shot of any stickers on the front? They will really help us to provide you with the information you are seeking.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I can get more photos. I'll have them in a couple of days

7. The following user says "Thanks" to mdbred759

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me see if I can help while you are getting the photoes.. which will certainly help.

Your machine was made in the 70's. The stickers will tell us exactly when, but I'm guessing about 1975. From the looks of the front it is in good condition with little or not chrome pitting and not water stains. A close photo of the front will show if there are water stains. Water stains are caused by someone trying to clean the play cell with soap and water... so don't do it. Unless you spend some time doing the research, just leave the machine in it's current condition through the sale and you be safest.

However, if the machine can be cleaned up a little and made to work and demonstrated that it works at the auction you'll probably get a higher price for it. Value, now that's the real question. This is gonna depend on a lot of factors and the photos will help. However, I don't think you can expect to see more than $150 and that's provided you can make it work for the auction and you have the balls to go with it. Oh, I should mention you will need about 350 balls minimum to make it work properly. Make sure the balls you put in it are not rusted or dirty.

Look through the post here and you'll see the members are constantly buying machines made around the same time as your for anywhere for $10 to $75 so while many people want to promote them as rare... there are only a few machines that are rare... the rest.. not so much. Your photos will help us tell you how rare it is.

Ok... hopefully this will provide you some idea of what you can expect for this machine. Good luck!
    Rusty Key

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought this same machine at the local Goodwill for $30. It came with about 225 balls. After getting some balls that were jammed in one of the chutes, it works fine. I've gotten the lights to work using two 9 volt lantern batteries in tandem. However, the ball empty light stays on so I need to clean the switch or most likely replace it. I've been slowly working on cleaning it. According to the sticker on this machine, it was made in 1976
    Last edited by pachinkojeff; 02-10-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojeff View Post
    I just bought this same machine at the local Goodwill for $30. It came with about 225 balls. After getting some balls that were jammed in one of the chutes, it works fine. I've gotten the lights to work using two 9 volt lantern batteries in tandem. However, the ball empty light stays on so I need to clean the switch or most likely replace it. I've been slowly working on cleaning it. According to the sticker on this machine, it was made in 1976

u can run the lights with a single 9 volt battery for a smoke dector.. the little ones...

hard to see the details of the cell face... could u post a pic of just the cell and the back side as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just noticed that my machine has four red tulips and the pinwheels are blue and white instead of red and white. Other that everything else appears to be the same.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just noticed that my machine has four red tulips and the pinwheels are blue and white instead of red and white. Other that everything else appears to be the same.
    slight differences are verrrrrry verrrrrry comnon
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are able to, a close up pic of the cell face and the centre-piece would probably help with suggestions for the theme of your Pachinko,

Last edited by hanabi; 02-11-2010 at 04:16 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."