Thread: Two story tale a journey to the light side

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Two story tale (a journey to the light side)

Wow! What a week it's been.

When I came home from work Tuesday night, I went to the back seat to get my lunch box. When I closed the door there was a stray cat sitting there. I called to the cat, and he came to me. I picked him up, and knew that he must be starving. Since we have a cat, I had my wife bring out some food, and we gave it to him. He tore into the food like he hadn't had a good meal in a while. He stopped long enough now and then to be petted. We guessed from how friendly he was, that he must have been a drop off.

Wednesday night, I come home from work, and there's the cat sitting on the porch. We go through the feeding thing all over again. By now we're deciding if we should keep him, or call the cat rescue. After all that's over I come in, and check the craigslist ads, and find a pachislo that I'm interested in, so I e-mail the guy.

Thursday night, come home but no cat. Whew, that's a relief, so I come in check my e-mail, and see that the pachislo guy has e-mailed me back, and the machines still available. So I called the guy, and make arrangements to pick it up today at 1. Only one problem, the machine is down in Port Orange just south of Daytona 100 miles away. Why's that a problem? Because during the time I'm doing all this, the cat has shown up and now he's scratching at the door! Sooooo... we take out the cat food, and decide that we might as well keep him, but he's got to go to the vet to be checked for feline leukemia. Arrrgh! But I have to pick up the machine!

Friday. We wake up nice and early to see if we can get him to the vet before we leave for Port Orange. Arrrgh, again! No cat. Oh well, it's off to meet the guy with the machine at the rendevous point (we have our priorities right!). We arrive nice and early, go into the 7/11 to get a cappuccino slurpee. (Very tasty BTW). The guy finally shows up (only slightly late), and we follow him to his home to check out the machine.

The machine looks great, plays great, so it's a deal. I pay the guy his $200, and we're headed back home.

Finally, we make it back to the house. We're unloading the car and guess who shows up? Yep, it's the cat. Now I can't get the machine in the house because everytime we open the door he wants in. So I go to the shed to get the cat carrier. I've never seen a cat who would willingly enter a carrier, but he did, so he's off to the vet.

Yes! Now I get to play the machine while he's gone.

To put an end to the tale (tail?), the cat came back from the vet A-OK, so now I have 2 additions to the family.

First is the cat. Second is a teaser of the machine key. LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Ikaria