Thread: Miyamoto Mushai

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Miyamoto Mushai

Thanks to Drunkenclam for the best name yet! "New Guy, Need help identifying machine!!" post #19. Two swords... makes sense to me! Here it is closed. Nice Model C ! Pretty clean! The cell has water stains... and unfortunately is delaminateing near the center. Don't show up too well in pics. This may be my 1st cell replacement! I can wait though, I'm in no hurry to open that can of worms! Plenty of good though. First of all, Nick was a very cool dude! Very nice and good to work with! I drove from Dayton, Ohio to Lexington, Ky For this one. I took "Silver Springs Ginza" to show off. He is not a pachinko guy. He did think Ginza was cool! When swords are closed, a center drop opens quickly! When swords are open, a jackpot makes swords close slowly. Not sure why, takes vibration and hopefully more balls to close! I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I'm not trying to fix it... I like it closing slow! Here is the mechanism opening. It rotates a spiral groove that spreads the swords. Here it is closing. There is a hook on the left that must be tripped by the ball to release the arm to close the swords. Probably to keep balls from bumping them closed. The center bulb didn't work at first, but a wire brush fixed that!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachiwall; 09-07-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Miyamoto Mushai

Very cool center feature!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks great Must be a pain to get past those closed swords
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Looks great Must be a pain to get past those closed swords
    Oh yes! Just like trying to open up a side tross pocket. Once open they start to close after a ball falls in, but slowly. At first I thought it was gummed up, but I think it is to allow a couple more balls in. I really like the modular design of the "C"Mostly model C 036.jpg This is the back removed and flipped around. Mostly model C 037.jpgThis is a closeup of the JP light circuit board. I haven't tried another bulb in the empty socket. It seems plenty bright with one. Mostly model C 038.jpg This is the backside of the JP seesaw. Mostly model C 040.jpg low ball indicator circuit.Mostly model C 039.jpg Payout chute with bell. Of course cleaning is always necessary. This machine is not that dirty! The model "C" looks to be much easier to clean and maintain than a model "B". I am impressed. The first pachinko I ever had was a model "B", and now they are my least favorite. Model "A"s rule, but for cleaning and maintenance, I recommend a "C".Mostly model C 028.jpg The jackpot tray is like a model "A", but for the first time, it is not visible from the front. I guess by then machines were so reliable that it was not considered necessary to see the jackpot. Mostly model C 016.jpg These open the tulip.Mostly model C 019.jpg Everyone seems to like to see the stickers. I am very happy with this machine.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

neat machine.. i have seen that center befor but never knew it worked like that.. great action
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    neat machine.. i have seen that center befor but never knew it worked like that.. great action
    It was in the thread "New Guy, Need help identifying machine" I tried to create a link... tried "cut and paste"... I have no clue. He found it in the trash heap, didn't know what it was...but knew it didn't belong there. He sold it to me for $50. We were both happy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome machine! Love the center feature!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to seanjuan4u

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    It was in the thread "New Guy, Need help identifying machine" I tried to create a link... tried "cut and paste"... I have no clue. He found it in the trash heap, didn't know what it was...but knew it didn't belong there. He sold it to me for $50. We were both happy.

Here's the link

New Guy, Need help identifying machine!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi