Thread: Bally Expressway

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bally Expressway

Capt Card is gonna have to wait. I picked up my first Bally locally for a good price. I couldn't pass up the artwork by Christian Marche and theme. His art is a love it or hate it style with the pointy people and bright colors. Anyway, the backglass is in excellent shape and the cab is pretty good. The playield is filthy (the play meter has 83K plays) has a couple wear spots, and plenty of swirl marks so I have my work cut out for me. Fortunately nothing is broken or missing and the interior is clean with all the relay and component labels intact. This pin has some cool features that Gottliebs don't or at least I've never seen. It has 6 mushroom bumpers, 3 pop bumpers, 2 slingshots, a large ball saving post behind the flippers activated by the center mushroom bumper and deactivated by two white PF rollover buttons, 2 kickout holes, and hidden under the left middle plastic is a ball kicker.
    The goal is to spell "Expressway" but unlike the vast majority of games where something must be spelled, the word has to be spelled in order and can be set so the player has to spell either Express on the liberal setting or Expressway on conservative. Of course there's other things to do but that's the main objective. I've got the PF stripped for cleaning and the back glass out to seal with Triple Thick so far.
    A few pics and a pic of the huge relay banks in the cab.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to emmadog